Friday, August 13, 2010

All New to Me

I've been wanting to start "blogging" for quite a while now and have just never had the time. I don't really have anything creative to blog about like some people do so I'm a little bit self conscious about this right now. I feel like I need to be creative in things like this and I'm just not. For example, it took me almost 15 minutes to think of a good quote/title for this blog and I don't even know if I actually want to keep it that. We'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow. 


So, like the title says, blogging is all new to me right now. I have no clue what I'm doing and am basically just sitting here typing away. My life is not overly interesting and I'm not even sure if I would read this if I were you ;) But, I will be moving back to my "home" in Nashville in ONE WEEK, so I feel this is THE right time to start this blog. This summer has seriously flown by right before my eyes! So much has happened this summer that I definitely feel the need to share with you but I will save that for another time. 


For now, I will vent. This summer has been the longest summer of my life, literally. I never believed what I heard before about college summers being longer than high school summers and even though I've been home since May 6th, part of me feels like I haven't been home long enough. Don't get me wrong, I am dying to get back to school and be with my friends and get back in the swing of things but let me be honest: deep down, I am a huge homebody. I love to do the social thing and do things with my friends (ask anybody, I'm always trying to plan something--that usually ends up failing 60% of the time), but sometimes I just want to sleep in my bed, watch my shows, and just have my "home" time. This issue is really beginning to stress me out about going back to school. Living in the dorm is quite the experience. First of all, I hate twin beds. I hate how small they are because I roll around a lot and am terrified of falling off the bed. I really should love twin beds, and I used to when I was little because (in case you didn't know) I'm a twin and growing up for a few years we had twin beds right next to each other, which I thought was the coolest thing ever and nobody else ever had anything as cool as a twin bed and an actual twin ;) And second, I hate how everything you own is in one teeny tiny room and that's all you have. I HATE IT. I have too much "stuff" to put it all in this little room, I just don't even know where to begin to start packing again! Overall, I have had a great summer spending time with my high school friends, college friends, and my family all while juggling camps and vacations and babysitting. 


Sorry if I have bored you to tears, I will enlighten you more at a later date with more details of my summer :)


Have a blessed day!







No comments:

Post a Comment