Sunday, August 15, 2010

Mmmm Music.

I really don't want to get annoying with my blog but I can't sleep right now and am listening to a playlist of songs I've been enjoying throughout the summer. Some are old and some are new. If you know me, you know I'm a country girl at heart. I know every song that comes on country radio and probably have every CD of the artist and know every song they've ever done. I have gone to numerous country concerts in my time.  But ultimately I love music, and in the past year or so I've been drawn to some other things--mostly slow "mellow-y" stuff that I listen to mainly when I'm not driving and listening to my favorite country like Carrie Underwood, Lady Antebellum, or Luke Bryan, and I'm guilty of being obsessed with Ke$ha and gLee. So here is a list of some of my favorite "alternative to country" songs (okay so maybe there are a few that would be considered country..but get over it.)  You should get them..and others by all the artists. I could put so many more. 


1. Where the Love Lasts Forever--Hillsong United
2. Even Now--Caitlin and Will
3. Superman--Joe Brooks
4. Moving Backwards--Ben Rector
5. You to Miss--Love and Theft
6. In Your Atmosphere (Live)--John Mayer
7. Human--Jon McLaughlin
8. Psalm 13--Nate Hale
9. Where the Story Ends--The Fray
10. Old Fashioned Letters--Jason Reeves
11. Your Love is a Song--Switchfoot
12. Till I See You--Hillsong United
13. Photographs and Memories--Jason Reeves
14. Hesitate--Steve Moakler
15. Out of My Mind--Colbie Caillat
16. Drowning--Love and Theft
17. Yellow--Coldplay
18. LoveSick--Tenth Avenue North
19. Better With You--Five Times August
20. I Hope You Find It--Miley Cyrus (The Last Song Soundtrack)


You might notice (or maybe not) that there are NO Dave Barnes songs on this list because 1.) if you know me you probably already know how obsessed I am with him, and 2.) I couldn't pick one, or two, or even three of my favorites. Just know he is awesome and if you don't listen to him you are seriously missing out. I'm a self proclaimed Dave fan with all of his songs on my iTunes and have been to 3 concerts in the past year...he's pretty great! 


 
Dave Barnes :)





No comments:

Post a Comment